Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wakiya

I went to Wakiya the other night. Wakiya is located in Gramercy Park Hotel, newly renovated by Ian Schrager.

It was 9 o'clock. I did not have any reservation, so they told me to wait at the bar


Bar was full of people. Nice looking people there.

Interior was very modern, elegant, and gorgeous.



After 15 minutes, we got the table.
Sofa table was very comfortable, and we were so happy we could get seats very quickly than expected.




Bang Bang Chicken



















It was very good. I eat this dish in Japan all the time, but I could not find good Bang Bang Chicken in NY. But this one is really good. great sauce.



Lobster & Pork Juice Dumpling



















These Lobster&Pork Soup Dumpling was phenomenal. Very juicy. Lots of lobster meat. Very yummy!
I can eat all of these 4 by myself.


We also tried Shark Fin Soup. It was also good too. SO much shark fin in the soup.



I have been reading bad reviews about this restaurant, like;

"Although food is not that good, price is outrageous"
"Service is awful"

Well.... price is high. But this is not like China Town. This is high-end modern Chinese restaurant. So it should be higher than China Town price.

I did not even think service was bad at all. As a matter of fact, there was a great waiter to take our orders.


I will definitely come back there. Next time, I would like to try much more food.

They also serve "Dim Sum" on weekend. That is also appealing to me.



Wakiya

2 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10010
212-475-4320

No comments: