Saturday, March 15, 2008

Takashimaya


I went to Takashimaya last Thursday.
Takashimaya is Japanese high-end department store located on 5th avenue/54th street.
I have not been there for 1 year, so I decided to check it out.
After cruising around inside, I went to downstairs to eat.
Yes, there is a restaurant offering great tea selection as well as some food.

I had this $18 afternoon tea set (I forgot what to call).
You can try several kinds of desserts, and there are also unique sandwich.

I have to say sandwich was not that good. rice was squished too tight. I needed some soy sauce.. but I didn't ask.
But all sweets are very good.

I also tried Japanese Sencha green tea.
This place is very quiet, and the great place to enjoy tea while you shop around this area.


Takashimaya
693 5th Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-350-0100

No comments: