Sunday, May 18, 2008

15 East

15 East is one of my favorite Sushi restaurants in NY.

There are only about 9 seats at sushi counter, so you must make reservation in advance.


Interior is very simple yet modern.


I always order "omakase" which is chef tasting menu.
Sushi chef is Makoto Shimizu from Japan. He used to work at Jewel Bako.
His sushi creation is very beautiful, and most of fish are imported from Japan.


Tuna (Maguro)


















Sea urchin (Uni) is always good here...melting in your mouth. Very sweet.
15 East also serves great handmade soba noodle (see above picture). They are delicious.


$150-$200 per person. But I think it is definitely worth paying that much.
I go there every month, as I always crave their sushi.


15 East
15 E 15th St
New York, NY 10003
Phone: (212) 647-0015

No comments: